CONTACT THE SHERIFFS’ RETIREMENT SYSTEM OFFICE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO REPORT THE DEATH OF A MEMBER AND DETERMINE ANY SURVIVOR / BENEFICIARY BENEFITS AVAILABLE.
Contact Information: Phone (573) 634-3858
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form – to be used to provide financial information for direct deposit of benefit payment.
- Withholding Certificates for Pension or Annuity Statements:
- Address or Other Information Change Form – to notify the Sheriffs’ Retirement System of changes to the information on file for the survivor.
The following Survivor/Beneficiary Applications will need to be completed but are not available for download. Contact the Sheriffs’ Retirement System office to obtain the appropriate form and determine any available benefit. The Sheriffs’ Retirement System will provide instructions and any required forms based on any benefits available.
- Application for Survivor Benefits of a Retiree – to be completed by the surviving spouse of a retired member who selected a joint and survivor benefit option at retirement.
- Application for Survivor Benefits of an Active Sheriff – to be completed by the surviving spouse if the member passed away while serving as an elected or appointed sheriff.
- Application for Survivor Benefits Disabled Member – to be completed by the surviving spouse of a vested member who was receiving disability leave benefits.
- Application for Beneficiary Benefits of a Retiree – to be completed by the designated beneficiary of a retired member who selected a Life Income with Guaranteed Payments benefit option at retirement.